Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Question 208

This is an extract from whose memoir?
Bonus:What is the name of the book?

"We sat at a table with four other children and Miss Hefty, an energetic middle-aged woman, took attendance. When she read my full name, I heard titters across the room. Frederick leaned over to me. “I thought your name was Barry”.

“Would you prefer if we called you Barry?”Miss Hefty asked”X is such a beautiful name. Your grandfather tells me your father is from _____. I used to live in _____; you know…It is such a magnificent country. Do you know what tribe your father is from?”

Her question brought on more giggles, and I remained speechless for a moment. When I finally said “___” a sandy haired boy behind me repeated the word in a loud hoot, like the sound of a monkey. The children could no longer contain themselves, and it took a stern reprimand from Miss Hefty before the class would settle down…

I spend the rest of the day in a daze. A redheaded girl asked to touch my hair and seemed hurt when I refused. A ruddy-faced boy asked me if my father ate people…"


Answer:Barack Obama was not at all difficult.But contrary to most people's guess,it was not The Audacity of Hope, but Dreams from My Father.
For more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreams_from_my_father

7 Answers:

Neeraj Deshpande said...

barack obama

Neeraj Deshpande said...

dreams of my father:race &sumthin

Satya said...

barack obama
gut

Anonymous said...

SATYA VARCHA BAGHUN KHALI LIHITO!

alok said...

satya varcha baghun khalti lihito

Unknown said...

barack obama
Audacity of Hope

vibhav said...

Audacity of hope by Barack Obama